Professional Scrum Product Owners need an understanding of all the things that add value to their products. The Product Owner training helps to develop this knowledge, from stakeholder management to release planning and delivery. The aim is to be able to deliver products with just the right functionality as quickly as possible. The steps to achieve this are discussed in detail. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO-I) certification exam.
Professional Scrum Product OwnerTM (PSPO) is a 2-day course that focuses on all of these areas to teach students how to maximize the value of products and systems. PSPO is the cutting-edge course for Product Owners, Agile product managers and anyone responsible for a product’s success in the market. In this course, students will develop and solidify their knowledge of being a Product Owner through instruction and team-based exercises.
This training is delivered interactively ON-LINE and is especially delivered in a weekend.
A great training that showcased practical situations, tools and mindset to have. The structure was very engaging and required active participation to experience the methods used.
Excellent 2-day training/course. Learned a lot from Roland. His advice and training are very clear and to the point.
Why choose PSPO by Roland Flemm?
This training is provided by Roland Flemm. Roland has a broad experience as an entrepreneur and supporting Product Owners in the role of Scrum Master. He currently provides services as an Organisation Design Consultant and Scrum Trainer across Europe. He worked for many companies including ING Bank, Rabobank, Raiffeisen Bank Moscow, Backbase, ABN-AMRO, Independer, DSG, Thales,…) He is a strong facilitator and provides lively high speed and interactive training. Each session is tailored to contain everything you need to use in the daily life of a Scrum team. There will be lots of surprises, laughter and deep thinking.
When taking a class from Roland, your personal challenges will be addressed. With many years of experience and through numerous collaborations and research in neuroscience, Roland has enriched the scrum.org training material designed to maximise your learning experience: The material covers the standard contents plus some, your understanding will be deeper and the retention will be better.
Roland provides after-care to prevent you from getting a “workshop hangover”. You have the opportunity to stay in touch with Roland and your fellow candidates via a closed knowledge forum. Via this network of peers, many initiatives are initiated to support you with your challenges and to stay engaged.
- Agile Product Management: Why is Agility important for your organisation? What is the difference between projects and products? Aligning Vision, mission and strategies.
- Value-Driven Development: What is value and how do we drive product development using value? Understanding empirical process control and metrics. Explore the Product Owner as a “Value Maximiser”, the traits & skills of a Product Owner.
- Scrum Theory: Why do you need Scrum? How does Scrum work and what are the underlying principles? How does empiricism control risk and provide predictability in complex environments.
- The Scrum Framework: How is empirical process control implemented in Scrum using time-boxes, roles and artefacts? You will experience why the Scrum framework is structured as it is and how you can use Scrum effectively.
- Product Backlog management: Strategies and techniques for creating and ordering the Product backlog. Refining techniques, creating user stories, techniques for sizing the Product Backlog, different ways to show the progress at different levels.
- Product Development: How do we merge the ideation phase of product development with the realisation done by the Scrum team?
- Release Management: How predictably create releases while dealing with complexity of changing requirements. Explore how and when to do Release Planning; explain the purpose of velocity, how to forecast and fund product initiatives.
The language of the training is English or Dutch. Course material is in English.
The following is included in the training fee:
- Registration at scrum.org
- Two attempts for the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) I certification exam (if taken within 14 days of the course)
- $ 100 discount for the PSPO II certification exam
- An electronic copy of the course materials
- Coffee, tea, soft drinks, lunch and various snacks
This training will be delivered via an on-line classroom setup. No special software needs to be installed. The training will be given live by Roland Flemm as if you were in the physical classroom.