Roland Flemm, Professional Scrum Trainer, Scrum Master and Agile Organisational Design Consultant.
I started in 1984 as a Cobol and Ideal/Datacom developer. In 2001 I moved to the support and maintenance field and worked with mostly IBM Application Server products. I worked as an IBM product support specialist (implementation and maintenance of WebSphere application server, portals, process server and infrastructure components).
In 2009 I switched to a new career in Scrum and Agile. I am now a proud member of the 350 globally certified Professional Scrum Trainers for scrum.org. I provide training throughout Europe. My main focus is Agile organization design coaching and I support agile adoptions in various industries. I love speaking at international conferences and publish articles regularly. The core of my approach is to put people first, learn by doing and innovate with common sense.
I set high standards for myself and for the services I deliver to my customers. The field of Agile and Scrum is constantly evolving. I closely follow new trends and actively participate in a wide network of leading Agile experts. This enables me to offer you the latest techniques and insights.
Why do people contact me?
People come to me to fix problems like these:
- We added (Scrum) teams to speed up our software delivery, but now this is slowing us down.
- We have difficulties to keep up with the speed at which competitors are delivering new features.
- We (the business) pay a fortune for IT, but the ROI is too low. IT is making a mess of things.
- Our existing customer-base does not appreciate the new features we bring them.
- It is impossible for Product management to forecast product releases on a quarterly basis.
- People in the teams are unmotivated and do not take responsibility for the work.
- The people are leaving the company, our knowledge is draining.
Our children will not work in organizations that look in any way like the companies we are used to work in. Scrum/Agile has initiated a new era in the way companies reorganize around delivering value. I am proud to be a leading contributor to this movement.
Contact details & social media
scrum.org profile and publications
Blog publications on Medium
ScrumCards, a valuable learning tool
Youtube channel showing Roland in action
Other stuff I do
What is d.c.m.e.?
d.c.m.e. is the abbreviation of “The Dutch Company that Makes Everything”, and is the legal entity (besloten vennootschap) under which Roland operates.